We are UBC's shared platform for researchers working with plants in greenhouses or outdoors.
We offer coordinated access and services to two research greenhouses and two field locations: the Main Campus research greenhouse, Totem Field, the South Campus research greenhouse and adjacent fields.
As a full-service facility for greenhouse and field scientific experiments, we provide:
- expert advice for experimental design, plant cultivation, integrated pest management, nutrition and hydroponics;
- academic and industry projects;
- training and guidance.
Plant Care Services (PCS) is a shared platform funded in part by Faculty of Science, Faculty of Forestry, Faculty of Land and Food Systems and the Office of the Vice-President, Research & Innovation.
The PCS Steering Committee members provide advice to VPRI and to staff, ensure good governance and explore future needs of the platform.
- Amy Angert, Assoc. Prof., Scientific Advisor
- Melina Biron, Research Manager, Plant Care Services
- Helen Burt, Associate VP Research & Innovation Office
- Clare Cullen, Operations Manager, UBC Farm
- Marie-Claude Fortin, Shared Research Facilities Manager, VP Research & Innovation Office
- Shawn Mansfield, Professor, Representative, Faculty of Forestry
- David McArthur, Instructor, Representative, Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Loren Rieseberg, Professor, Representative, Faculty of Science
Research Services Team
The PCS staff team aims to provide excellent support for all your research and teaching needs.